The word “Remy” refers to the different features and characteristics of the hair as well as the method used in the manufacturing of the hair extension.
Virgin Remy hair refers to the type of hair that is completely intact and unprocessed. It’s a hair type that meets rigorous standards which includes the absence of any perming, dying, coloring, bleaching as well as being chemically processed in any form. Remy hair at most times comes from a single donor and has cuticles running in the same direction. This is due to the fact that one of its distinguishing qualities from other hair extensions is the ability of its cuticles to grow in one direction. This quality helps in getting rid of any form of tangling which is common with non-Remy hair. Virgin Remy hair has the tendency to last as long as a year if properly taken care of and maintained just like you would for your natural hair. Due to its amazing qualities as well as method of collection, it is the most expensive type of hair in the market.
In our daily lives today, the use of hair extensions is on the rise and while going through different hair extensions, you come across words like Remy hair, synthetic hair, virgin hair, human hair, raw hair, etc. Although we see ourselves as final consumers, it is important that we know the difference between these types of hairs. For the purpose of this blog, we’ll be discussing Virgin Remy hair and the difference between Virgin Remy hair and a human hair
Features of Remy hair:
• The word Remy is used to refer to the features or characteristics of human hair as well as the method used in manufacturing the hair extension. Due to the quality and price, Remy hair extensions is the most popular human hair extension in the market today
• Remy hair has a natural look and also long-lasting (can last up to a year). Remy hair blends perfectly with our own hair.
• If processed properly in which all of the whole hair strands go in the same direction, the chances of them matting or tangling will be very low.
• Remy hair is short in supply as well as expensive and this is due to the method of collection.
• Finally, the Remy hair extension is being coated with silicone so it appears soft and makes it possible to avoid tangling or matting until the silicone has been washed off.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN REMY HAIR AND NON-REMY HAIR
GENERALLY, REMY HAIRS ARE EXPENSIVE
The high price of the Remy is hair is owing to the fact that they are shaved off from the head of the donor and bundled in a way that all the hairs are kept in one direction. Unlike the non-Remy hair, it is difficult for this hair to get rough.
THE REMY HAIR IS THE BEST QUALITY
The Remy hair has a longer lifespan if properly taken care of. Its quality and mode of the collection have made it rare and less in stock.
COMPARED TO REMY HAIR, THE NON-REMY HAIR HAS POOR QUALITY
Non-Remy is gotten from the leftover of the hair that is in most cases gathered from the floor and then recycled. This type of hair cuticles faces different directions and this causes the hair to matte and tangle. Both the hair root and tips of this hair is mixed up in a way that the hairs do not run in the same direction. The non-Remy hair undergoes different chemical processes in order to maintain its lifespan.